Steven P. Wrenn
Assistant Dean of Graduate Affairs, College of Engineering
PhD, Chemical Engineering, University of Delaware, 1999
MChE, Chemical Engineering, University of Delaware, 1996
BS, Chemical Engineering, Virginia Tech, 1991
Honors and Awards
- Cooperative Education Faculty of the Year, 2012
- Alexander von Humboldt Research Fellow, 2006
- NSF CAREER Award, 2004
- Pfizer, Inc. Atorvastatin Research Award, 2003
- Pfizer, Inc. Atorvastatin Research Award, 2002
- Whitaker Foundation Biomedical Engineering Research Grant, 2001
- Presidential Excellence in Teaching Award, University of Delaware, 1997
- Teaching Fellow, University of Delaware, 1997
- Robert L. Pigford Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award, 1997
- David Wallis Memorial Scholarship, Virginia Tech, 1990-1991
- Omega Chi Epsilon, inducted 1990
- Biological colloids (microstructures: vesicles, micelles, lipoproteins, aggregation, fusion)
- Phospholipid membranes (phase behavior, lipid rafts and nandomains, interactions with ultrasound)
- Cholesterol nucleation (in the contexts of gallstone pathogenesis and atherosclerosis, influence of proteins, enzymes, hormones)
Walters, M.J.; Wrenn, S.P. Effect of sphingomyelinase-mediated generation of ceramide on aggregation of low-density lipoprotein. Langmuir 2008, 24(17), 9642-9647.
Brown, A.C.; Towles, K.B.; Wrenn, S.P. Measuring raft size as a function of membrane composition in PC-Based systems: Part 1 - Binary systems. Langmuir 2007, 23(22), 11180-11187.
Brown, A.C.; Towles, K.B.; Wrenn, S.P. Measuring raft size as a function of membrane composition in PC-Based systems: Part II - Ternary systems. Langmuir 2007, 23(22), 11188-11196.
Brown, A. C.; Figueredo, R. A.; Wrenn, S. P.; et al. Cholesterol nucleation in native bile occurs more rapidly in female than mate prairie dogs: Estrogen is a potential contributory factor. Gastroenterology 2007, 132(4), A453-A453.
Towles, K.B.; Brown, A.C.; Wrenn, S.P.; et al. Effect of membrane microheterogeneity and domain size on fluorescence resonance energy transfer. Biophys J 2007, 93(2), 655-667.